The Rotary Turkey Trot is a family friendly 5km walk/run or 10km run on the trails at Bronte Creek Provincial Park on Sunday, October 20th. The Rotary Club of Burlington North raises funds through this event for local charities like Food for Kids, Shifra Homes and Halton Women’s Place.
Who: The Rotary Club of Burlington North
What: Rotary Turkey Trot 5km walk/run or 10km run
When: Sunday, October 20th, Registration is from 8:30-9:30 and the race starts at 10am
Where: Bronte Creek Provincial Park
Why: Raise funds for local charities like Food for Kids, Shifra Homes and Halton Women’s Place
Key event benefits include:
This is a great opportunity to enjoy the fall at a stunning venue located right near you!
5/10 Km Run
Be a competitor in our Trail Race
Walk 5km with family, friends and pets
Bring your dog along for the walk
In Support of Food4Kids, who provide provides packages of healthy food for kids aged 4-14 years with limited or no access to food each weekend, we will be collecting much needed items like large cans of soup, Annie’s Mac and Cheese, Sidekicks Pasta, Uncle Ben’s Fast & Fancy rice and Grocery store gift cards.
There are more than 600 children in Halton struggling through each weekend without food. Help fight child hunger in our own community by bringing anything you can to our drop off location at the Rotary Turkey Trot.
Turkey Trot is a family friendly event and there are lots of fun activities for kids:
- A bouncy castle for children aged 3-5 years
- Tattoos of rainbows, fairies, sports, creatures and so much more
- A craft table where children can make a turkey out of a pine cone
- A colouring table where children (and adults) can make a paper turkey hat
Also, don’t forget to get your family photo taken at the Photo Booth!
Other activities for families at Bronte Creek Provincial Park include:
- Disc Golf – Have you always wanted to learn or try Disc Golf? Now is your chance. The Disc Golf club meets Sunday mornings at the other side of this parking lot (west side of parking lot F) and they are looking forward to welcoming Turkey Trot attendees today. You can also connect with the club via their facebook group Bronte Creek Disc Golf Club. https://www.facebook.com/events/426413644480944
- The popular Playbarn for kids 10 and under where you can jump and run, and also see some barn animals.
- The Gnome Road— it’s close to the Playbarn — try to find it and look for fairies and gnomes.
Please note that parental supervision is required for all Kids’ Zone activities.